Monday, April 27, 2009

What makes you happy?

This morning Hannah was up early and Chris took her downstairs so that I could continue to sleep. Hannah and Chris rarely get time for just the two of them and Hannah took advantage of that. She convinced Daddy to sit at the table and read books to her before breakfast. The first title she picked was a CareBear book "What Makes You Happy?"

The book begins... "Close your eyes and think of something that makes you happy." After Hannah had squeezed her eyes shut, taken a minute and then opened them again Chris asked her what she had thought of. Her beautiful answer astounded me. "I was thinking of my Mami and my Papi." (That is what she calls us now after reading and watching so much Dora)

Of all the things in her two-year-old world she could think of, the thing that makes her happy is her parents! What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment