Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bible Study and Breakfast

I don't know what has been going on with my kids this week but we have had several out-of-the-norm early mornings. This morning I woke to Caleb crying in his sleep. A few minutes later his cries died down as the dream he was having was over. I lay there in bed trying, willing myself to go to sleep. I have heard it said many times that when you are woken up or can't go back to sleep that God is wanting some time with you. So by about 6am this morning I was out of bed working on my Esther bible study. It was so nice just sitting there in our room in my comfy chair, doing my bible study, watching Chris sleep and spending time talking to God and diving into his Word. It was the first time in a LONG time that I have had time just for myself with no interruptions. What a blessing!

As I was finishing my first day of study, I heard the creak of Hannah's door and the rustle of pajamas and blankets coming toward my room. Hannah came in and saw me with my book and bible in my lap and she immediately asked for her little bible. She wanted to sit and study with me! "I want to do bible study with you," she explained as went to get her bible. We sat there for a few more minutes, me finishing in my reading and her thumbing through her little green gift bible. She eventually went and got her story bible and asked me to read to her. We of course read about Noah's Ark (her favorite bible story) and the story of the birth of Jesus and his early years as a boy. This is the first time I have done a bible study with my daughter! What a blessing read and teach and learn together with my little girl.

The boys were still asleep at this time so Hannah and I decided to go out and have a girls breakfast all by ourselves. We got dressed, snuck out of the house and were at "The Snooty Pig" for breakfast by 7. We ordered our fruit and muffins and biscuits and chocolate milk, of course, and got to sit next to each other in the booth to eat our food. We had such a great time just sitting and talking about our plans for the day.

This was a perfect way to start our weekend. This was hopefully the first of many, as Hannah calls it, "Girls Only" times with my daughter. With Hannah and I being as similar as we are I know that we will have our times of discord in the future, but I pray that the times I cling to are these times of joy and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment