We are surrounded by so many blessings. Even those things that I perceive to be burdens or inconveniences at the time in hindsight are part of God's plan for my life. God uses my good and my bad choices for His glory. Praise be to a forgiving and gracious God. So to start out, I am thankful for....
1. ... a loving God that is in control even when I do not understand His ways or even see him working. I have had a hard time over the past few years really "feeling" God with me or working in my life. It has been straining on my relationship with Him. Having just finished "Esther" by Beth Moore my eyes have been opened to looking for Him even when I don't see Him at work. This quote from her study had a profound effect on me and my outlook on things:
"I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining.
I believe in love, even when I do not feel it.
I believe in God, even when He is silent."
Thank you Lord for being there even when I do not "feel" you.
2. ... my amazing husband who has supported and stood by me even when I was not doing the same for him. God is working on strengthening our relationship right now and I am so thankful for the wonderful man God placed in my life. I love you Chris!
3. ... Hannah Banana and her caring and loving nature. She expresses genuine concern and feelings for people that only a child has the ability to. She is such a little mother. Yesterday she and Caleb were standing at the coffee table eating some crackers for snack. She gave him one more cracker and then put the rest away saying to Caleb: "No more until dinner sweety." What a caregiver!
4. ... my precious boy. For our family, it has definitely been true that daughters love their daddies and sons love their mommies. I love the special bond that Caleb and I have. Though he only says "Mama" when he is angry or in need of something and "Daddy" whenever he is happy, I know that our bond is unbreakable and at the end of the day he needs his Momma and Momma needs her Caleb.
5. ... friendship and a bond that can only come from above. I love my Diana and the relationship that we have. In God's amazing time and providence Diana and my relationship has only gotten better with her moving to Arizona. Believe me, I would love to have her back in Texas but God has allowed the geographical distance between us to be a catalyst to strengthen our relationship. Diana, thank you for doing the Esther study with me. That time together has been priceless!
6. ... family and love that abounds regardless of our actions. The dynamics of both Chris and my family have changed over the past few years and will continue to change, as time has a way of doing that. Our families are so supportive and loving and I am very thankful for them.
Now for the meat and potatoes of Thankful Thursday.
I am thankful for...
1. Naps and the few minutes of "free time"(does that even exist?) it gives mom.
2. DVR, when through tears we ask for just one episode of Dora.
3. Preschool that gives Hannah a break and opportunity for more social interaction.
4. The playroom that helps contain the chaos of toys in this house.
5. Cribs that hold a screaming baby when mom needs a timeout.
6. The Office and Thursday nights - enough said.
7. My little purple kitchen vacuum, we would live in a pile of crumbs without you!
8. My Swiffer WetJet, my precious, I can't leave you out.
9. Highchairs with seat belts that prevent forward flips.
10. The Internet, that provides me with some, although distant, social interaction.
Zach turns 9!
2 years ago