Monday, August 24, 2009

A Productive Day!

What a productive day it has been! I have spent most of the day adding to and completing items off of my new TO DO list. With this new direction I have it has made my day much more focused and as a result I have been way more productive than days past. I am happy to report that I completed the item at the top of my to-do list today: Make a cleaning schedule.

What a task, first I had to analyze my needs around the house and then determine when and how often I wanted to get these things done. It is not rocket science, but I feel I have made one small leap for the sanity and cleanliness of my home today! So, in its first published edition, The Sain Family Cleaning Schedule:

Daily
Make the beds
Wipe kitchen counters
Dishes
Pick up clutter

Monday DOWNSTAIRS
Dust downstairs
Vacuum
Swiffer/mop kitchen, bathroom, laundry room & playroom
Clean kitchen counters, appliances & table
Take out trash

Tuesday UPSTAIRS
Dust upstairs
Vacuum
Swiffer/mop bathrooms
Clean desk

Wednesday
Change sheets
Laundry
Vacuum stairs

Thursday
Clean bathrooms – up and down
Disinfect phones and remotes
Disinfect toys
Take out trash

Friday
Cut Annabelle’s nails
Water plants

Monthly
o Dust baseboards and stairs
o Spot clean walls and doors
o Dust blinds
o Dust ceiling fans
o Take the pillows off couches and chairs and vacuum them
o Move and clean under and behind big pieces of furniture
o Wash mattress pads and blankets
o Clean the oven (as needed)
o Wipe out refrigerator
o Sanitize trash cans
o Clean out mail baskets
o Wash rugs

I know no one really cares but it makes it much more real when it is in writing and someone else knows it exists!

No comments:

Post a Comment