Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Perfect Date

I love my hubby. He drives me crazy sometimes but then he does something so perfect it could bring me to tears. I have been a little stressed lately: preparing for DisneyWorld vacation with the WHOLE family, planning for Caleb's 1st birthday party (which is 3 days after we return from Disney) and my upcoming surgery. My headaches are back and they will be doing my brain surgery again on June 29th. I will be thrilled to be without headaches FINALLY but as you would assume my stress level is at an all-time high.

So, back to Chris and his perfect actions! Knowing how stressed I am right now he took me away for part of the weekend, just the two of us. Here is how it went down:

Friday afternoon Chris calls me about two 'o clock "just to check in" and see how I was doing... ok... then before we got off the phone he told me I needed to pack an overnight bag for myself and pack the kids bags because they were going to stay at his moms. Shock me, shock me!!! I was not expecting that.
  • He gets home from work we all get in the car and we are off to ????.... We drop the kids off at Susan's and then start heading westward... I still don't know where we are going. At this point I am excited but I was trying very hard to not get aggitated by the fact that I still had no clue where we were going or what we were doing. You know me, I like to know the plan, preferably make the plan, but atleast know the plan.
  • Chris then tells me we have reservations to make but he wants to check-in first. We check in at the Blackstone Hotel in downtown Fort Worth. I am still excited and in shock from the happenings of the past few hours but by now I am starving and ready for dinner. We drop the bags and then Chris leads to our mystery dinner at ... PF Changs... YUM! We haven't eaten there in forever and I LOVE IT! Great.Wall.of.Chocolate... is there anything better? Of course, in true Chris-fashion he tells me that the reason he picked PF is because we had gift cards at home that he could use. Ha, I love my frugal and quite honest man!
  • We enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing dinner. No kids, no plastic placemats, no bibs, no sippy cups... for the first 20 minutes we were there I kept remarking on how weird I felt without the daiper bag next to me in the booth. Dinner was fantastic! We ordered the Great Wall to-go and headed back to the hotel.
  • You know I can't stay still for long so after we got back to the room we decided to go out for a walk and to go have a drink. Again, bazaar going somewhere with nothing but my man! We ran into an old high school friend while we were out and then back to the hotel to relax.
  • Fast forward... you don't need those details...
  • Morning.. breakfast at Corner Bakery in our hotel. YUM! Did I mention that there were no points documented for this weekend?!?
  • We had a leisurely morning and then made our way to the Kimball Art Museum. Currently they have "Love & Art in Renaissance Italy" on display. It was wonderful! Beautiful pieces and insight into love, marraige and childbirth rituals of the day. I highly recommend it.
It was amazing how perfect our extended "date" was. I didn't even know I needed this break but boy how it renewed my spirit. I love my wonderful husband! He never ceases to amaze me. Chris you are my best friend and I wouldn't trade you for the world! Thank you for a perfect date!

No comments:

Post a Comment