Friday, March 13, 2009

a fashion lesson

This morning I woke with Hannah in our bed (as we do every now and then). The Fashion Diva noticed that Daddy was getting ready for work. She rolled out of bed and ran into the closet. As Chris was looking for a shirt she asks, "You gonna wear that?" Chris promptly picks another shirt that Hannah will approve of. Any jean will work for casual Friday so Hannah allows Chris to make that decision himself.

Now for shoes! She says "These match" as she picks a pair of casual black shoes for him.
But before a very thankful father can put on the "outfit" Hannah has picked out for him, she puts his shoes on and says "I'm gonna show you how to walk." Chris then goes to get socks and Hannah is struck with a look of absolute concern. "Daddy, you forgot your shoes!" What would his day have been like if Hannah had not been there to remind him to put on those shoes?

I am not sure how we got anything done around here before we had Hannah. I call her "my little narrator." She has something to say about EVERYTHING. Right now as I am typing she knows I am writing a story about her and Daddy and she leans over, hugs the computer and proceeds to talk to the computer as if Daddy can here us on the other side: "I love you. Come home soon. We can't wait to see you."

Hannah has just spoken her trademark phrase "I have an idea!" while pointing one finger in the air. I am now being pulled to go to the playroom. I am off on another adventure with the Great Diva and Super Caleb!

1 comment:

  1. Chris does dress much better with Hannah around, now! :)

    ReplyDelete